Be Ready to Travels Golden Land Myanmar with MARUTHI
Myanmar offers rich culture, serene locations and yummy cuisines, worth every penny spent.Myanmar has varieties of natural beauties and historical artifice such as dazzling, waterfalls, graceful lakes, enhancing caves, sparkling beaches, rivers and addition to the thousand years old golden pagodas scattered around Myanmar (Burma). People are lovely friendly, polite, affectionately help each other people on Earth. And also very important travel experience is to learn about the people of the land and develop friendship and Myanmar is your destination.
April (@ Myanmar TAGU)
- Festivals/Days – Thingyan (water festival long holiday)
- Significance – Marks the beginning of the Burmese New Year
- Events – Gadaw ( paying obeisance to elders),playing water, observation of the Buddhist Sabbath (Uposatha).
May (@ Myanmar KASON)
- Festivals/Days – Botree (watering festival to Bo Tree), Full moon of Kason
- Significance – Marks the birth, enlightenment and death of Gautama Buddha
- Events – Watering of the Bo Tree
June (@ Myanmar NAYON)
- Festivals/Days – Tipitaka Festival
- Significance – Nationwide Pariyatti Sasana examinations of Buddhist monks
- Events- The Scriptural Examination
July (@ Myanmar WASO)
- Festivals/Days – Robe offering festival, Dhammasekya Day, Full moon of Waso
- Significance – Marks the beginning of the Buddhist Lent (Vassa), anniversary of Buddha’s first sermon on the Four Noble Truths
- Events –Donation of monk robes, shinbyu ceremonies
August (@ Myanmar WAGAUNG)
- Festivals/Days – Taungbyon Nat Festival
September (@ Myanmar TAWTHALIN)
- Festivals/Days – Regatta Festival
- Events – Boat rowing competitions
October (@ Myanmar THADINGYUT)
- Festivals/Days – Festival of Lights, Tazaungdaing Festival of Lights, Full moon of Thadingyut , Full moon of Tazaungmon
- Significance – Marks the end of the Buddhist lent, Vassa. Marks of the end of the rainy season
- Events – Gift exchanges, gadaw ( paying obeisance to elder), lighting of candles, pagoda visits. Lighting of hot air balloons by the Pao in Shan state, and lanterns nationwide
November (@ Myanmar TAZAUNGMON)
- Festivals/Days – Kyi Ma No Festival, Kahtein Thingan Offering Festival
- Events –Mischief making, offering of Kathina robes to Buddhist monks.
December (@ Myanmar NADAW)
- Festivals/Days – Karen New Year, Nat Festivals.
- Significance –Marks the new year of the Karen people. Ritual feasts honoring Burmese nats(spirits).
January (@ Myanmar PYATHO)
- Festivals/Days – Kachin Manaw Festival
- Significance – Marks the new year of Kachin people
February (@ Myanmar TABODWE)
- Festivals/Days – Harvest Festival
- Significance – Celebration of rice harvests
- Events – Cooking of htamane, a special sticky rice made with sesame seeds, peanuts and ginger.
March (@ Myanmar TABAUNG)
- Festivals/Days – Shwedagon Pagoda Festival
- Significance – Nationwide pagoda festivals
- Events – Celebrations of Singuttara Hill .