Pre Medical Check-Up Advice
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, caffeinated drinks, and staying up late at night because these actions will have direct effects on your blood pressure and can alter the results.
- Please wear comfortable clothes.
- Fasting for six hours before blood exam (Fasting Blood Sugar).
- Fasting for 12 hours before blood chemistry (HDL,LDL, Cholesterol, Triglyceride).
- After the blood exam / chemistry, the patient can eat immediately except for patients who will have Upper Abdomen Ultrasound.
Post Blood Extraction
- Apply Pressure on the site with cotton ball where the blood was drawn.
- If bruising appears on the extraction site, apply Hirudoid ointment for 1-2 weeks to quickly reduce bruising.
- Mid Stream Catch (Using the urine bottle, catch the middle portion of the urine as you urinate).
- Remove all jewelry and metal accessories (brassiere with metal wires) before the procedure.
- Kindly inform the hospital staff if you are pregnant so they can provide a gonad shield to protect your baby, or cancel the procedure if it isn’t safe for your baby.
Upper Abdomen Ultrasound
- Drink sufficient amount of water until you feel that your bladder is full. It is best that you a full bladder for better visualization results.
- Soft diet for 2 days before the examination. Eat soft food such as congee (boiled rice), fish, soy milk, no fruits and vegetables (food high in fiber), and no meat (chicken, beef, pork). Recommended laxative (castor oil) drink after dinner or before bedtime for two nights prior to the day of examination. The laxative is available at the Radiology Department.
- Do not apply any lotion, cream or powder around the breast or armpit.
Remark: All prices and items are subject to change without prior notice.
International Medical Center